Friday, September 04, 2009

I landed a job as a Medical Claims Officer in a health insurance company here (see previous blog entry). Fate led me here. I trust fate's maker. 2 weeks ago, Mom suffered from an Acute Stroke. It was terrible. One minute she was just feeling weak. The next minute, she was being wheeled into an ambulance. I wasn't there when it happened. I was miles away, attending an office meeting. I received the news via phonecall. Mom's slowly regaining her strength. This is a recent reminder about how fragile and finite anyone's life is. I don't want it snatched away from my mom this soon. I would like to believe that it was just a wake-up call for all of us. She subjected herself to a great deal of physical and emotional stress. I guess we have to implement stricter rules this time around. No Pringles, no chocolates, no Coke (even the no-calorie variety). We have to be more careful. Get well soon, Mom. We love you.

No comments: