Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Little Rascal Unmasked

I'm not saintly but I'm really nice. I'm not untamed but i can defy convention for the sake of growth. I welcome both sunny and rainy days. Shit happens but I don't let it tarnish my rainbow-colored life. I breathe optimism. I love non-stop conversations, wake-up/late-night calls, fun-filled adventures, mapped-out plans that can make room for spontaneity/unpredictability and time-worthy company. I can laugh real hard over the corniest of jokes. I can cry until my heart aches over happy/sad endings. I tend to over-analyze things. Hehe.I can live through the occasional incredulity that life has to offer. I'm a paradox that's yet to be reconciled. I'm in the process of figuring out ME.
*** If you are not living on the edge, then you are occupying too much space.Risk it. ***

3 comments:

frikandel said...

If you are not living on the edge, then you are occupying too much space.Risk it--

This reminds me of what sermons and similar things frequently advise us--'live everyday as if it were your last.'

Thats very nice to hear. It implies action, a change of heart--doing what is right, and doing what you've always wanted to do.

It also implies eliminating those that are unecessary, or those things that cause sorrow. Forget hate, forget pettiness-- lets go for love..

Very nice indeed. But would we really want to live everyday as if it were the last? Would we really want to live always on the edge?

Wouldn't that be tiring--- trying to do everything cause there will be no tomorrow? Wouldn't it be depressing to eliminate from your schedule some people you'd like to visit because you have to stick purely to the essential people-- parents. wife, kids?

Wouldn't it suck to arrive at the end of the day, and find nothingness in the tomorrow? Isn't there anything worse than losing the hope of a tomorrow?

True, living on the edge--living like this day is your last--- can make you do things you might never do otherwise. It may lead you to things that are great. However, I'd rather choose a life lived with the hope of a tomorrow.

littlerascal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
littlerascal said...

Prikitito, point taken. Every person is given the golden opportunity to make good use of his existence. I choose to live my life this way and I have no complaints. :-)