Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas is definitely my favorite time of the year. No, not Valentine's day (although I'm a self-confessed romantic). And no, DEFINITELY NOT New Year's Eve ('cause I'm auditory defensive). I feel like a kid during Christmas. Of course I no longer believe in Santa (although I envy the little ones who still believe in him) but I'm one of the few adults who get totally excited about receiving gifts during this season. I crave for my family's traditional noche buena fare --- the quezo de bola, fruitcake, Mama's macaroni salad, halayang ube, Mama's Italian ribbon-shaped spaghetti and Aling Beth's sarsa (sarsa pa lang, ulam na!). I used to complete 9 days of Misa de Gallo/Simbang Gabi in order to make a wish. Believe me, my wishes came true. Too bad I failed to attend a single mass this month. December has always been a memorable month for me. Enough said. Meri Kurisumasu!

No comments: