Friday, July 27, 2012


I admit that, unlike my mom, I'm not maternal by nature. It's simply not one of my inherent traits. I had to learn and develop it over the years. I was used to being taken care of and not the other way around. I was always my mom's little girl and I kinda got stuck in that role for a long time. When I found out that I was going to be a mom, I felt so emotionally unprepared for the seemingly daunting task of rearing a child. When my baby was born, I was scared to hold her for fear that I might drop her precious, fragile body. I didn't know how to change her nappy, when to feed her, what to do whenever she cries. It was a constant guessing game, a very challenging trial-and-error thing. I thank the people who answered my 911 calls whenever she wouldn't stop crying, whenever she's sick and whenever I was being a frantic clueless mom. How time flies. Mishka's 3. I may not have aced my first 3 years of mommyhood but I think I'm doing fine. I actually think I'm getting quite good at it. :-) The ordeal I had to go through this week in order to make my daughter stay in the UAE with me involved lots of tears, sweat, guts, faith and determination. With the help of my family and friends, I did it, we did it! To my daughter, I love you more than my life. Wherever I'll be, you'll be with me, no matter what it takes. That's a promise.       


No comments: