Friday, July 13, 2012


If I had my way, I'd be a morning person --- someone who welcomes the early morning calm with arms wide open. I used to love waking up at the crack of dawn, thinking about the great possibilities of the day ahead. I love the fact that the earlier one wakes up, the more he/she can do with the rest of the day. The word "morning" evokes memories of coffee and pan de sal, the taho vendor, idle chat with my mom and brother, catching the morning show on TV, the crows of the neighbor's roosters, the occasional school bus, the occasional tricycle, my aunt carrying plastic bags loaded with market goods and kids in school uniforms dragging their trolleys. Ever since I got into the midday shift, my body clock adjusted and mornings are not what they used to be. Sometimes, I even view them as an inconvenient part of the day that I'd rather spend in bed. Lately, I have been trying to revive my affection towards this time of the day. I try to move around the house as soon as I wake up. I jog, listen to random songs, browse the net and keep in touch with the rest of the world. I'm looking forward to going back to the morning shift (fingers crossed).  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have it better than the rest of us, Twin. Most people can't even spare a moment in the morning due to work and sending kids off to school. In fact, I treasure the few days that we have holidays during the week here.

My mornings have changed as well. However I still remember the pinoy almusal and the sounds of our neighbour kids playing in the morning.

Now I just wake up and everything is suddenly a rush. I don't even have time to sit and think about things anymore.

So enjoy your time in the mornings. You might realise that working the afternoon shift isn't so bad after all.

littlerascal said...

Yup, I agree with you Twin. I'm lucky to be able to squeeze in some "me" time in the morning. I still prefer the morning shift though. Midday or morning shift, I'll try my best to make the most of it. :-)