Friday, July 20, 2012
Don't let stress get to you. Fight it. Learn to live with it. It's part of life. Here's my personal list of stress busters:
1. Take a walk along Corniche.
2. Jog in the morning.
3. Drink your favorite coffee while reading a good book.
4. Listen to music, lots of it.
5. Shop but watch your budget. If your budget is nil, go window-shopping instead.
6. Smile even if you want to scream or throw things around. Just smile. :-)
7. Be with someone who makes you laugh and laugh out loud at every opportunity.
8. Go bowling.
9. Go to a nearby arcade and play hockey or basketball.
10. Watch a feel-good movie.
11. Go to a bar and sing along with the band. Watch the people go crazy on the dance floor.
12. Go to the salon and enjoy a bit of pampering. Again, watch your budget.
13. Watch a fun TV series like New Girl.
14. Read some lines from your self-meditation book.
16. Act like a kid. Thanks to Mishka, I'm starting to be a pro at this.
17. Videoke. I find "What's Up" by 4 Non-blondes a very effective song. You can scream "WHAT'S GOING ON?!" at the top of your lungs.
18. Eat cake. I love Costa's New York cheesecake with caramel topping and blackforest cake.
19. Grab a bag of potato chips.
20. Get kikay with your friends and take lots of pics for FB.
23. Read funny comic strips. Gulf News has Garfield, Dilbert, Wizard of Id, Andy Capp and Calvin and Hobbes. We have our very own Pugad Baboy.
24. Watch anything jologs on TV. The more jologs, the better.
25. Take deep breaths. Stretch out those tired muscles.
26. Cry for a LIMITED time period only.
27. Get lots of sleep.
28. Watch Just for Laughs. Simply hilarious.
29. Watch Barefoot Contessa, Unwrapped and Everyday Italian.