Friday, June 29, 2012

Music from 2007


As you may have noticed in my blog, I am an audiophile. Music is an integral part of my life. Whenever I listen to a song, my mind immediately picks up a memory or two associated with that song. That's how my brain works when I'm surrounded with music.

My first visit to the UAE was in 2007. I came over here in order to see the sights, and, well, to TRY to review for the medical boards. Not a great combination. Hehe. I remember entering The One store and hearing Regina Spektor's Real Love. I instantly fell in love with the song and bought the cd. The rest of the songs from the album are equally memorable. They were the perfect antidote to boredom while I went over my medical books on a daily basis. I passed the boards and got my physician's license. Well, that's another story.  

Here are some songs from that album Instant Karma: The Amnesty International Campaign to Save Darfur.

(Just Like) Starting Over - Flaming Lips




Real Love - Regina Spektor




No comments: