Saturday, June 30, 2012

First Impressions Don't Last


The other day, my cousin told me that his "tropa" was surprised to find that I'm "cool din pala." She initially thought I was "uptight." My smile turned into a guffaw. I'm definitely not uptight. HAHA! My friends and family know that. But I do get that a lot. People mistake me for being demure, a typical Maria Clara which I'm SO NOT. Don't get me wrong. I'm not on the other side of the spectrum either. I respect people who think that crazy dancing in crowded bars and boozing until they get tipsy are fun but they're not my cup of tea. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm a regular, fun-loving person. I love videoke and bowling nights. I'm hugely entertained by Garfield's sarcasm and Dr. Seuss's creativity. New Girl makes me laugh real hard and its chicken dance scene warms my heart everytime. I love watching movies on the big screen while munching on a tub of popcorn and sipping ice-cold Coke. I love hanging out in a bar while listening to a band playing songs from any genre as long as they're not too sappy or noisy. When I'm in the mood for some big time bonding, I invite my friends for coffee or pig out in my fave resto. I love walking towards anywhere my feet will carry me to. I love seeing the countryside with lots of trees and wildlife. I love getting lost in my thoughts while listening to the rhythmical waves of the ocean. I love going on road trips and visiting places outside my native boundaries. I LOVE food trips. I love exploring different cultures, mostly through their good eats. I love shopping for books, lingerie and nice clothes. I love clowning around with my kid. I broke rules and did insane things in my life as well. So, my friends, first impressions don't always last. ;-)



No comments: