Monday, April 11, 2005

My 26th Birthday!!!

Saturday, April 9, 2005

It’s my 26th birthday. 26 years of breathing in polluted Manila air. Hehe. Thanks to everyone who remembered. Araw ng Kagitingan. Usually a no-work/no-class day if not for our current president who usually f***s up the country’s holiday calendar. My zodiac sign is Aries.

Decided to seek celestial advice from today’s newspaper. I’m a non-believer of fortune-telling. I just want to be entertained.

My daily horoscope: No man is an island, though you certainly would like people to believe that you’re self-sufficient. It’s luckier to humbly acknowledge your reliance on that strong, capable person in your life. (I may try to be as independent as I can, but I’ve always been a Mama’s girl. She’s that strong, capable person in my life. Now that she’ll be working abroad, hope I’ll find a good replacement.)

Had dinner with my family at my fave Jap resto. Got serenaded by the staff as it was my birthday. The love songs they sang: Through the Fire and You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me. I felt SO MUCH OLDER than I actually was. Met Ariel of my fave show The Misadventures of Ariel and Maverick. This guy really makes me laugh big time. A really really funny and down-to-earth guy on and off cam.

At 26, I’m thinking...”Am I really me? Or am I an existentialist masquerading as an optimist? Or a bad girl masquerading as a good girl (you know, a bad girl that doesn’t get caught)? Or an aspiring vet masquerading as a wannabe doctor? Do I know where I’m headed for? Times have become crazier, weirder and a lot more fun. Occasionally, however, I long for the profound happiness that tranquil moments provide. Future, here I come…braver, bolder and wiser.”

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chinks, belated Happy Boitday! :)

Unknown said...

yeah, belated happy birthday! wishing you the best! =)

littlerascal said...

Domo arigato gozaimasu :-)

buddy said...

hindi mo ba kami papakainin? hehehe

littlerascal said...

hehehe.ang dami mo na ngang food trips eh. takaw mo.

Anonymous said...

SIS!!! oh my gulay! =) belated happy birthday!

Dr. Emer said...

Belated happy bday to you and wishing a benign year for your coming clerkship. :)

littlerascal said...

Thanks peeps :-) Carlo, do I look older or younger? Hehe. Sana naman younger di ba. Hehehe.

littlerascal said...

Thanks Doc Emer. Hope I won't be a toxic case magnet. :-)So far, my sked's pretty okay. Community Medicine.

buddy said...

mukahng 18 ka.. kaya manlibre ka na.. hehehehe joke lng..