Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Just Waiting ...

Borders opened a branch in Abu Dhabi Mall. It's a great bookshop with aisles of books, cool toys, gadgets and gizmos for the young and old. As I was browsing through the shelves, I chanced upon an area holding Dr. Seuss books. I love Dr. Seuss! Bought Dr. Seuss on the Loose, a book of rip-roaring rhyme from the master of verse. I won't get tired of reading the rhymes to my daughter. Below is one such rhyme (my fave), entitled Just Waiting ... (Oh, The Places You'll Go!):





Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or a No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.
Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.
~ Dr.Seuss



No comments: