Saturday, March 05, 2005

Somewhere in the Middle

Missed the videoke night ‘coz I still felt awful and Mama got sick as well. Had to take care of her while looking after myself. Oh well.

Accidentally fell asleep while waiting for Buddy’s call. Was supposed to share with him highlights of my lousy day. So sorry Bud. Next time.

Woke up at 9 a.m., still feeling sick and tired. Felt really bad about not attending the medical mission today. It was supposed to be my last before I get into clerkship. By mid-afternoon, felt a wee bit better. Went over to my aunt’s place to help tend to her needs. Over hilaw na mangga and bagoong, my cousin (my aunt’s daughter) and I lambasted the trying-hard TV wannabes on ETK (a showbiz news show on Channel 2). How jologs and mean can we get!

I’m posting the poem I wrote, based on my friend’s sob story. To my friend, I hope you’ll finally learn the art of letting go. It won’t be easy but I’m sure you’ll get by.

Somewhere in the Middle

Somewhere in the middle
Between hello and goodbye
Between reliving the past and ending the present
I dreamt of a love that’s true

Somewhere between getting acquainted and falling in love
Between knowing your name and embracing who you are
I held you close to my heart

Somewhere between talking on the phone and gazing at the stars
Between listening to country music and stringing songs on your guitar
Romance started to seep in

Somewhere in the middle
You fell for her
The flame of magic died out
Our music stopped playing
I can no longer stay

Once more, I’m caught somewhere in the middle
Because I have to let go but I don’t know how
Because my mind refuses to drop every tender memory
Because my eyes remain blinded by the light you’ve shone upon my path
Because I find it hard to sacrifice fantasy for bitter reality

But yes, I must go
While our friendship is still simple and beautiful
Because things need not be complicated in order to be beautiful
So while I still marvel at the beauty of our friendship and something beyond
I must bid you goodbye
And start a journey without you
Think of me fondly once in a while


Yikes! I did more blogging than studying this week. Someone should discipline me.

2 comments:

buddy said...

that's a very nice poem. Ü .. hope u get well soon.

littlerascal said...

Hey, thanks. I'm feeling better. :-)